Can I upsize from T-Cell 3 to T-Cell 9?

Oct 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
My pool is 11,000 gallons and the builder installed the T-3, but with the Texas summers I thinking it might be too small and working too hard, thus it will die quicker. When it does, it is possible to swap the T-3 for a bigger T-9, or would I have to replace the entire system to get a bigger cell?

Thanks!

As far as I can tell, you can put any Tcell on any AquaRite controller. Can you find a model number on the controller or post a picture of it? Some of them have an option mode where you tell it what size cell you have.

Since I am guessing your SWG is new, you should be able to swap in any of the T-cell sizes and change the setting in the controller.

We recommend sizing the cell for 1.5-3 times the size of your pool, so the 25k cell would fit in that. Actually there would be nothing wrong with going all the way to the 40k T-15 which would allow you to run the pump less and it should last a good bit longer.

How long are you having to run your pump now and with what SWG setting?

The best value is the T-15 cell. It will last many times longer and you can either run it for less hours per day or turn the percentage stating on the controller down to whatever output you require. You will have to change the program on the controller for the T-15, but that's only pushing a button a few times. It's all explained in your manual. The T-15 can be had at Amazon for $400.

My T-15 is currently running 7 hours a day at 30%, and that's here in Tucson where the sun always shines. My last T-15 cell lasted over 7 years.

My T-15 is currently running 7 hours a day at 30%, and that's here in Tucson where the sun always shines. My last T-15 cell lasted over 7 years.
That calculates you are only adding .8 ppm of chlorine a day. Do you keep the pool covered?

To the original OP, I recommend getting the T-15 cell. It will give you more options on run times and it will outlast the T-9 cell for not that more money.

I'm still fine tuning time and setting since reprogramming the VS pump, was at 35% and 8 hrs and just lowered it. It maybe a bit low , we will see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.