Hayward SwimPro Voyager Upper Filter Housing Lock Ring is Binding and not sealing

Aug 28, 2015
Butler, MO
I am having difficulty getting the above subject item to seat and seal properly on the lower filter housing without leaking. As I turn the lock ring it will not rotate all the way clockwise to the stop before binding. I am suspecting the Housing O-ring may be the culprit because when I remove the O-ring from the upper housing the lock ring rotates more freely clockwise until it encounters a mechanical stop. I notice also that the O-ring seems to have been stretched as it does not seat into the housing groove without some if the O-ring "laying over the groove lip".

A second question regarding the upper housing has to do with removing the Lock ring assembly from the upper housing. I notice there is a slot on the upper side of each of the two hand grips with what appears to be a "key" of some sort within each slot opening. If I could get the lock ring removed this would allow me to inspect whether or not the O-ring is properly sealing within the mating upper rim.of the lower housing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.