Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward SwimPro Voyager Upper Filter Housing Lock Ring is Binding and not sealing

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward SwimPro Voyager Upper Filter Housing Lock Ring is Binding and not sealing

I am having difficulty getting the above subject item to seat and seal properly on the lower filter housing without leaking. As I turn the lock ring it will not rotate all the way clockwise to the stop before binding. I am suspecting the Housing O-ring may be the culprit because when I remove the O-ring from the upper housing the lock ring rotates more freely clockwise until it encounters a mechanical stop. I notice also that the O-ring seems to have been stretched as it does not seat into the housing groove without some if the O-ring "laying over the groove lip".

A second question regarding the upper housing has to do with removing the Lock ring assembly from the upper housing. I notice there is a slot on the upper side of each of the two hand grips with what appears to be a "key" of some sort within each slot opening. If I could get the lock ring removed this would allow me to inspect whether or not the O-ring is properly sealing within the mating upper rim.of the lower housing
    My name is "Gary". I am a new pool owner. I have a 24 foot diameter by 52 inch above ground pool with a Hayward Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward SwimPro Voyager Upper Filter Housing Lock Ring is Binding and not sealing

I'd replace the O ring because that is the easiest and most likely problem.

Be sure to properly lubricate it.

And if that doesn't fix it, post some photos of the filter housing.
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006