Pentair Superflo VS Pump's control panel not working, so pump cannot start

Marcin

Aug 28, 2015
Sharon, MA
Hello brilliant people!

We have a Pentair Superflo VS pump that was installed 6 weeks ago and had been working flawlessly since installation. Yesterday, however, we discovered a problem. In the morning our pool water level was low, so when I heard gargling in the skimmer at the programmed start time of the pump, I walked over to the pump, pressed the Start/Stop button to shut it off, and also turned off a wall switch I have for the pump so that someone else wouldn't start it later. After work I filled the pool. When I went back to start the pump, I first turned on the wall switch and noticed that the Power LED Indicator on the Control Panel turned on. I then pressed the Start/Stop Button, but nothing happened. Besides the Power LED Indicator, none of the other Control Panel buttons are responsive. I reset the circuit breaker last night, but the same happened: Power LED is on, nothing else works. I left the power to the pump on all night hoping that it might resolve itself, but it didn't.

I would really appreciate hearing from others who may have had this experience or ideas to fix it quickly and get the pump working again.

We purchased the pump from a pool company and had it professionally installed, so this should be under warranty, but we're hoping to get a fast answer from this community of knowledge!

Thanks in advance!
Marcin

Is this what you have?
http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/SuperFloVSOM.pdf

Check the LED fault sequence.

Check the " Time Out "

Time Out
The “time out” feature that will allow the user to
temporarily stop the pump for maintenance work
without disrupting the 24 hour schedule (i.e., for
backwashing the filter). If the pump is currently
running, the user can press and hold the START
button for more than three (3) seconds and the
pump will stop and remain off until the user presses
and holds the START button again for more than
three (3) seconds. The START and OVERRIDE
buttons will blink once every second indicating that
the “time out” feature is enabled. These LEDs will
stop blinking once this feature is cancelled.

Hope this helps!

Hi there!

Thanks for the reply. We have what looks like a slightly updated model. The model number is 342001, and the manual is P/N 353143 Rev. B 10/9/14. This model does not have a Fault indicator and or a Time Out function as far as I can tell. I did hold down the Start/Start button for >3 seconds. The pump did not respond.

Any other ideas please?

Thanks,
Marcin

Any Luck? Is this it?
http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/SuperFloVS1.5OM.pdf

Press the Start/Stop button on the drive keypad. If
the pump is currently scheduled to run it will start.
Note: If the pump is not schedule to start, press a
Speed button to begin a manual override that will
start the pump.

Check if the pump can be rotated by hand and
remove any blockage.
Look under troubleshooting for errors and alarms.

Hello All: I have the solution!

I called Pentair customer service on Monday morning. Based on the symptoms, they suggested I press the following three buttons and hold for three seconds:

Up arrow, down arrow, #1

This reset the pump and reactivated the control panel. This reset keeps the programmed schedule but you have to reset the clock. The customer service rep said that this sequence "removes the drive from safe mode." A drive (ie pump) may enter safe mode for a number of reasons like an electrical surge, running dry, etc. It's a safety mechanism to protect the motor.

Frustratingly, this is not in the manual!! I asked why and they said they'll likely put it into an updated version.

Thank you everyone for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.