what are The recommended levels.
    i have see The pool scool but The levels confusing me
    My spa is 225 gallon (ca 900 ltr)
    Factory is Caldera
    Above ground
    6 months old now.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Scuba 2 measure

The Recommended Levels in the Pool School are for pools, not spas. For spas when using chlorine you look at the sticky Using Chlorine in a Spa where IF you use the Dichlor then bleach method then you lower your TA to around 50 ppm, use 50 ppm borates (from boric acid), target the CYA to around 30-40 ppm so switch from using Dichlor to using bleach at that point (looks like you went somewhat past that but that's OK), and have Calcium Hardness (CH) at around 120-150 ppm to prevent foaming. The pH is usually in the 7.5 to 7.8 range.

In Europe, you may not be able to get boric acid so pH control will be more difficult for you when you switch to bleach. Aeration will raise the pH. If you lower your TA that will lessen the rate of pH rise but you should have some alternative pH buffering which is what the boric acid do. If you have your TA low and are using bleach, just make sure you check your pH and don't let it get much above 8.0. You want to prevent scaling in your spa. If the pH, CH, and TA get too high in combination, then that leads to calcium carbonate scaling.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Scuba 2 measure

Thanks chem geek.

And yes i,m using 12,5 % Bleach.

Sorry chen geek,

My cya is 55 (correction)
    My spa is 225 gallon (ca 900 ltr)
    Factory is Caldera
    Above ground
    6 months old now.