Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
Here are a couple video's of my LED install on our intex pool... enjoy :)

These are 12 volt DC 5050 WS2811 LED's, I used 6, 5 meter strip's... This is not an easy process to make this happen and the LED are the cheapest of all the install :)

Been wanting to do something like that for my pool. How do you keep them waterproof? Also, are they rated for use near water?

ok, here it goes... deep breath....

they are IP68, so they are rated to be directly in water... with that said, I siliconed the you know what out of the ends, any power wire and connection... They are 12 volt dc so not a lot of power but I did not take a chance... they are also behind the liner inside the track where the bar goes..

with that said, This is not an easy thing to do.. it took me the last 3 years of trial and error doing these lights to get them right... just the power supplies are a pain, this one is a 60 amp travel trailer power supply.. the one running my house LED's is 100 amp..

here is almost everything I used to install these led's.. Please know that this is not an APPROVED LIGHTING, it has no NEC approval... please research and know the risk and take responsibility for what you do...

I was going for safety not pretty :) There is no way possible for water to get into the silicone... check everything including powering on the lights before you silicone, you can guess how I know :)

Parts
SPI Controller WiFi Controller WS2811 WS2801 6803 1903 LED Strip & Remote WF300
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281635728360...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

12V WS2811 1 IC- 3LEDs 30 48 60 leds/m Digital Dream Color LED Strip Light
white PCB, 60 LED/M, IP68, 20 Meters...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311113572503...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have both the 60 amp (for pool lights) and the 100 amp for house... These are awesome and also have an external bonding lug...
Powermax Boondocker Converters

E8UGySzl.jpg

py9SFO7l.jpg

GmDrBMY.jpg

oUnyeMx.jpg

SaGA6po.jpg

bFtPx90.jpg

AEaJXGl.jpg

owOSRgx.jpg

D6x40Vc.jpg

pHphAuv.jpg

9RAD2dul.jpg

6vn5QMtl.jpg

4miBxs9l.jpg

zJpDQzhl.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.