Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex LED lights :)

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Intex LED lights :)

Here are a couple video's of my LED install on our intex pool... enjoy

These are 12 volt DC 5050 WS2811 LED's, I used 6, 5 meter strip's... This is not an easy process to make this happen and the LED are the cheapest of all the install

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex LED lights :)

That's neat CC. I feel like I'm back home in Vegas. Lights baby! Lights! Nice work.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Been wanting to do something like that for my pool. How do you keep them waterproof? Also, are they rated for use near water?
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Love the purple color. Make the water look florescent. Wife would really like that.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Been wanting to do something like that for my pool. How do you keep them waterproof? Also, are they rated for use near water?
    ok, here it goes... deep breath....

they are IP68, so they are rated to be directly in water... with that said, I siliconed the you know what out of the ends, any power wire and connection... They are 12 volt dc so not a lot of power but I did not take a chance... they are also behind the liner inside the track where the bar goes..

with that said, This is not an easy thing to do.. it took me the last 3 years of trial and error doing these lights to get them right... just the power supplies are a pain, this one is a 60 amp travel trailer power supply.. the one running my house LED's is 100 amp..
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow I was thinking about doing the same thing could we get a close up on how they are mounted an the way you waterproof the ends
    6k gallons,1648 Intex AB,.95hp intex sand filter mod 28651eg, set up may 2015

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by gjon91 View Post
    Wow I was thinking about doing the same thing could we get a close up on how they are mounted an the way you waterproof the ends
    I do have some pictures but will need to upload them tonight

8. Back To Top    #8

Cool I've been watching the video trying to figure it out with no help where did you purchase the LED I like the effect how they chase each other in the white color

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

here is almost everything I used to install these led's.. Please know that this is not an APPROVED LIGHTING, it has no NEC approval... please research and know the risk and take responsibility for what you do...

I was going for safety not pretty There is no way possible for water to get into the silicone... check everything including powering on the lights before you silicone, you can guess how I know

Parts
    SPI Controller WiFi Controller WS2811 WS2801 6803 1903 LED Strip & Remote WF300
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/281635728360...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

12V WS2811 1 IC- 3LEDs 30 48 60 leds/m Digital Dream Color LED Strip Light
    white PCB, 60 LED/M, IP68, 20 Meters...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/311113572503...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have both the 60 amp (for pool lights) and the 100 amp for house... These are awesome and also have an external bonding lug...
    Powermax Boondocker Converters

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Darn it! Both the ebay links are dead!!

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Darn it! Both the ebay links are dead!!
    No problem

do a search on ebay for

LED IP68 12v ws2811 strip
    and
    Remote WF300

12. Back To Top    #12

Amazon.com: NEWSTYLE SMD5050 Fully Submersible LED Strip, IP68 Waterproof 5M/16Ft 5050 300LEDs RGB Color Changing LED Flexible Strip Lights 44 Keys Infraed Remote Controller: Home Improvement. this is what I found do they look like they would work for how you set up your. Now to figure out how to connect two strips together

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

The lights look great, CC. You did an awesome job on them.
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

14. Back To Top    #14

Cowboy Casey how did you get your lights not to lose power (dim lights) when you hook two strips together