May 26, 2015
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Wow,

I cannot find my K-2006 book with treatment table, and went online and realized Taylor does not have it on their site, what company does not put manuals online? Oh yeah Taylor. Ridiculous, but now I tested my Ph which was always perfect, but now at 8.0 or more and took 8 drops of R-005. Does anyone know the acid requirement for 8 drops?

Thanks

PoolMath works. You just put the volume of the pool and all your test results in the first column and your goal pH and other target numbers in the second column. You do need to tell it if you are using 15 or 31% muratic acid. Once you have pool math setup, you will never go back to using any chart.

got dark, had to quit testing, plus had to leave or get my arse kicked by my wife.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks I found that, but it is instructions and not the tables, at least what I see.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks, yes I use it, but could not get it to work earlier, I have now. I just thought using the table formula from Taylor would give me the exact amount as when the ph is above the color tube, it's hard to tell what to plug into PoolMath

Each drop in the Taylor acid demand test represents 9.16 fluid ounces of full-strength Muriatic Acid (31.45% Hydrochloric Acid) in 10,000 gallons. So 8 drops in 15,500 gallons would be 9.16*8*(15500/10000) = 113.6 fluid ounces or 14.2 cups or 3.55 quarts. That's an extraordinarily large amount of acid. Even assuming your earlier numbers of 120 ppm for TA, 200 ppm for CYA, it would take a pH of 9.3 for that amount of acid to lower it to 7.5. So something does not sound right and you certainly would not add that much acid (as noted in the post above, you would add smaller amounts and retest anyway).

How did your pH get so high anyway?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
dunno, was using liquid 10% chlorine for months now, and last ph check was perfect. So I can only guess from the chlorine or tap water, as I had a pump leak and added quite a bit of water (really several thousand gallons), and didn't mind because my CYA has been over 100 forever. So tap water?

- - - Updated - - -

I added 48 oz last night and will test again today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.