Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor K-2006 kit and no treatment table

1. Back To Top    #1

Taylor K-2006 kit and no treatment table

Wow,

I cannot find my K-2006 book with treatment table, and went online and realized Taylor does not have it on their site, what company does not put manuals online? Oh yeah Taylor. Ridiculous, but now I tested my Ph which was always perfect, but now at 8.0 or more and took 8 drops of R-005. Does anyone know the acid requirement for 8 drops?

Thanks
    16x30 gunite/plaster, 15,500 gal, Flagstone coping, 3'-6' depth plus bench and sundeck, bubbler, Hayward 1-1/2hp 2pd Tristar pump, Hayward 550 cartridge filter, 320 Chlorinator, Smart Ozone Sanitizer, Hayward Viper cleaner, 1 skimmer, 2 drains, 3 returns, 1 deck bubbler, Hayward booster pump for cleaner. Taylor K-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor K-2006 kit and no treatment table

Why do you need a treatment table?
    Just enter your results in PoolMath and it will tell you how much to add to reach a given target
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

for some reason now I cannot get PoolMath to calculate. I guess the Taylor kit gives you the acid amount by gallonage for the drops required on the test.
    16x30 gunite/plaster, 15,500 gal, Flagstone coping, 3'-6' depth plus bench and sundeck, bubbler, Hayward 1-1/2hp 2pd Tristar pump, Hayward 550 cartridge filter, 320 Chlorinator, Smart Ozone Sanitizer, Hayward Viper cleaner, 1 skimmer, 2 drains, 3 returns, 1 deck bubbler, Hayward booster pump for cleaner. Taylor K-2006 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

PoolMath works. You just put the volume of the pool and all your test results in the first column and your goal pH and other target numbers in the second column. You do need to tell it if you are using 15 or 31% muratic acid. Once you have pool math setup, you will never go back to using any chart.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

8 drops means that the ph is pretty high. What's the TA?

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Taylor has it's instructions online, you just need to know what the number is.

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/pr...pe=Kit&Number=
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

got dark, had to quit testing, plus had to leave or get my arse kicked by my wife.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks I found that, but it is instructions and not the tables, at least what I see.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks, yes I use it, but could not get it to work earlier, I have now. I just thought using the table formula from Taylor would give me the exact amount as when the ph is above the color tube, it's hard to tell what to plug into PoolMath

8. Back To Top    #8

If you are out of the pH test range it is safer to make multiple smaller corrections and retest
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

9. Back To Top    #9

Each drop in the Taylor acid demand test represents 9.16 fluid ounces of full-strength Muriatic Acid (31.45% Hydrochloric Acid) in 10,000 gallons. So 8 drops in 15,500 gallons would be 9.16*8*(15500/10000) = 113.6 fluid ounces or 14.2 cups or 3.55 quarts. That's an extraordinarily large amount of acid. Even assuming your earlier numbers of 120 ppm for TA, 200 ppm for CYA, it would take a pH of 9.3 for that amount of acid to lower it to 7.5. So something does not sound right and you certainly would not add that much acid (as noted in the post above, you would add smaller amounts and retest anyway).

How did your pH get so high anyway?
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

10. Back To Top    #10

Call Taylor Customer Service at 800-837-8548.

11. Back To Top    #11

dunno, was using liquid 10% chlorine for months now, and last ph check was perfect. So I can only guess from the chlorine or tap water, as I had a pump leak and added quite a bit of water (really several thousand gallons), and didn't mind because my CYA has been over 100 forever. So tap water?

- - - Updated - - -

I added 48 oz last night and will test again today.