Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Party

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Party

I'm having a pool party this weekend I wanted to know if I need to make any changes on the run time of my equipment I run it on a daily schedule from 7a.m to 1p.m
    My readings are as follows
    FAC 5
    TAC 5
    SALT 2900
    CH 200
    CYA 50
    TA 120
    PH 7.6
    PHOSHATES 400
    Any feedback will be appreciated..thanks
    live in central valley pebble Tech 18920 gallons pentair pump sheer decent salt water IGP built June 2015

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Party

Just a few concerns that caught my eye:
    - Where did those test results come from? The TF-100 and Taylor K-2006 don't test for phosphates. Are those pool store readings?
    - For a SWG pool, your CYA is low and should be increased to at least 70
    - Beware of your CH. It appears to be low for a SWG/plaster pool (min 300)
    None of those items effect your pool party itself, but are something you should be aware of down the road. You may also want to consider raising your FC level by 2-3 ppm before guests arrive and check afterwards to see if the swimmers load put too much stress on your FC. Have a great weekend!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Bump your FC up a few points before and after the party with plain bleach while circulating.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes the readings are from leslies

- - - Updated - - -

Can i just increase the time on my generator to bump fc?

5. Back To Top    #5

Collectively, we have found that pool store test results are VERY inaccurate. So, it is not helpful to try to advise you, using what are likely numbers that are not truly representative of your pool.

You must take total control of your pool, including testing.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Vcjplove View Post
    Yes the readings are from leslies

- - - Updated - - -

Can i just increase the time on my generator to bump fc?
    Yes you can....it's just much easier, quicker, no fumbling with settings and more accurate doing a one shot bleach dump. I'd add a gallon and a half and be through.
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Yes you can....it's just much easier, quicker, no fumbling with settings and more accurate doing a one shot bleach dump. I'd add a gallon and a half and be through.
    An added plus to Woodyp's suggestion is it limits the wear and tear on the SWG (which have a finite amount of hours run in them before they go kaput) and using bleach is instant rise instead of a slow steady rise.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

8. Back To Top    #8

I knew I left out a couple more good reasons!