Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help wiring LED Waterfall controller

1. Back To Top    #1

Help wiring LED Waterfall controller

We have recently had a waterfall wall installed with 3 x 3ft CMP Brilliant Wonders LED Waterfalls, as seen in this exciting thread LOL : http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...install-w-PICS.

I would like to test the LED's to make sure they are working before the top cap of the wall is installed.

I think i know how to do it, but would like to make sure:

Here is the transformer and controller.

The cord on the left has brown, blue and green wires (live, neutral and ground) respectively.

Would they be able to be attached to a plug such as this? then plug it into a GFCI outlet? i have read that live is right prong, neutral is left prong, and ground is obviously the round prong at the bottom
    15767.408032_4.jpg

The cord on the right has red and black, which attach to the DC+ and DC- screws on the controller.

The LED cord contains Red, Green Black and White wires, which attach to the right side of the controller, to the Red, Green, Blue and Common screws. I would pigtail the same colored wires from the 3 LED cords to the screws on the controller with marettes and same gauge wire? (will have lots extra, as each comes with 100ft wire)

This pdf http://www.c-m-p.com/cmp/wp-content/...ng-diagram.pdf is the wiring diagram, which i seem to be in agreement with.

Thanks for any input!
    32,000L Fibreglass Leisure Pools IG 12.5'x23'x5' Pump: AstralPools BX1 1.0HP
    Filter: AstralPools ZX-310 SWCG: AstralPools VX7T
    Heater: Hayward H250FDN Test Kit: TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help wiring LED Waterfall controller

Looks like a good plan to me. I see no issues.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jim!

4. Back To Top    #4

I was able to get it wired up to test the LED lights and they all worked fine

More pics on my other thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...install-w-PICS