Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Drain Adapter

1. Back To Top    #1

Puyallup, WA

Intex Drain Adapter

For us unlucky Intex owners that have to drain and put our pools away until next spring need some help on the draining of the pool. So as most of you know this is our first run with a pool so I just assumed when I saw the drain on the outside of the pool that I will would be able to simply put my garden hose on it and let it drain. Oh no Intex has some special adapter that I have to get in order to use my garden hose..... Anyway has anyone made one of these adapters? We were hoping to get it drained this weekend but if I have to buy one online I guess we are waiting. So if there is a way I would appreciate some help from you pros

20x10 Intex Pool
    Sand Filter SF15110, Solar Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex Drain Adapter

A drain adapter came with either my pool or my sand filter. I can't remember which it was but it was definatly included.

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Stockholm, Sweden

Normally comes with the pool
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12' (732cm x 366cm) rectangular pool
    Intex SF80220RC (1600 GPH) pump/sandfilter
    Intex SF10220 (1050 GPH) pump/sandfilter driving the
    Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner
    Intex 8220 ECO Saltwater System, Brilix XHP100 9kW heatpump

4. Back To Top    #4

If the main goal is to empty the pool (rather than to figure out how to get the adapter), you could just siphon the water out, using a garden hose, or something larger caliber, like a pool vacuum hose.

If the Intex fitting is like the garden hose drain point on the Summer Escape pools we've had, it would leave you with a couple inches of water in the pool, even if you do figure out how to attach the hose... And then you probably have to resort to some other approach - like siphoning - to get those last couple inches out.
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits