Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need to Replace Return Fittings - Not Sure What I Need

1. Back To Top    #1

Need to Replace Return Fittings - Not Sure What I Need

I know what you are going to say, everything looks so new on this pool why should I be having to do any maintenance. Nonetheless...

I feel like these are stupid questions to ask but I am tired of order the wrong parts and dealing with shipping returns and whatnot.

What exactly do I need to outfit the pool returns. I am having a hard time understanding what I need to buy because the threads are ON THE OUTSIDE. Do I need to just buy the standard three piece and separate it to only put the outer ring + eyeball on it?

Here's pics of this, my newest issue, with this f'ing pool (I bought it like this):

1-1/2" inside diameter - threads outside

Threads on outside

Second one has additional piece

Third has the eyeball and all (kinda?)

So, should I just buy a new set? For the one with just the hole, what do I get with the threads on the outside like that?

Thanks again TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need to Replace Return Fittings - Not Sure What I Need

I have a Mom&Pop small pool store that has an entire aisle of PVC type parts. Perhaps you have some place like that? Armed with these excellent pictures I'd go talk to the shop and see if they can't rig something up for you (or have the right piece at the ready). Or a plumbing supply house that has all those fittings.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Sunplay.com has all shapes sizes and colors of return eyeballs. Including friction fit ones.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    I have a Mom&Pop small pool store that has an entire aisle of PVC type parts. Perhaps you have some place like that? Armed with these excellent pictures I'd go talk to the shop and see if they can't rig something up for you (or have the right piece at the ready). Or a plumbing supply house that has all those fittings.
    Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Sunplay.com has all shapes sizes and colors of return eyeballs. Including friction fit ones.
    Took at stab at it with these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00