Need to Replace Return Fittings - Not Sure What I Need

Apr 27, 2014
Central FL
I know what you are going to say, everything looks so new on this pool why should I be having to do any maintenance. Nonetheless...

I feel like these are stupid questions to ask but I am tired of order the wrong parts and dealing with shipping returns and whatnot.

What exactly do I need to outfit the pool returns. I am having a hard time understanding what I need to buy because the threads are ON THE OUTSIDE. Do I need to just buy the standard three piece and separate it to only put the outer ring + eyeball on it?

Here's pics of this, my newest issue, with this f'ing pool (I bought it like this):

1-1/2" inside diameter - threads outside
bPhEXPh.jpg

Threads on outside
0NAl3Gk.jpg

Second one has additional piece
Fby7vKS.jpg

Third has the eyeball and all (kinda?)
xAd6weR.jpg

So, should I just buy a new set? For the one with just the hole, what do I get with the threads on the outside like that?

Thanks again TFP!

I have a Mom&Pop small pool store that has an entire aisle of PVC type parts. Perhaps you have some place like that? Armed with these excellent pictures I'd go talk to the shop and see if they can't rig something up for you (or have the right piece at the ready). Or a plumbing supply house that has all those fittings.

I have a Mom&Pop small pool store that has an entire aisle of PVC type parts. Perhaps you have some place like that? Armed with these excellent pictures I'd go talk to the shop and see if they can't rig something up for you (or have the right piece at the ready). Or a plumbing supply house that has all those fittings.

Sunplay.com has all shapes sizes and colors of return eyeballs. Including friction fit ones.

Took at stab at it with these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L27I3U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.