Need test kit

Aug 28, 2015
Greenwood Lake , ny
Can someone tell me which vendor will ship me a good test kit the Quickest? I live in upstate NY. My pool has had algae problem for a month. I've had pool for 12 years. always used pool store to help. They are out of business. Store next town over in business for years and are no help what so ever. Taking over myself!

tftestkits.net, the TF-100. It's the best test kit for your money. They ship usually within a day, should be there in 2-3 business days with regular shipping.

The owners of tftestkits.net are also site owners here, so you can get great support for the kit as well.

Once you get it ordered, spend some time in Pool School and you'll be able to take control of your pool in no time. ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Also: if you order the XL option, which you will likely need if you are dealing with bad algae, that puts you over the $80 order and you get free shipping right now.

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP Oscar!

With clearing up an algae problem I recommend the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net with the XL option. Alternately the k-2006 is a good kit but if you are dealing with algae then you may run out of reagents. These are the only two kits I recommend as they have the FAS-DPD chlorine test which is key to clearing and maintaining a clear pool following the TFPC methods taught here.

If this is your first time here too I recommend you stop by the pool school and start getting an idea how we will help you get things cleared up. Here are a couple pages that would be a good start:
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

welcome, the TF100 and XL option are great.. I would also get the speed stir as it is worth its weight in gold :) the led light is perfect when testing after the sun goes down...

The TF100 or the Taylor K2006 test kits are the only kits that can test chlorine levels in excess of 5ppm. The TF100 (with the XL option if you currently have algae) is hands down the best bang for the buck. If, however, you decide to order the Taylor kit I would highly recommend the "C" option (Taylor K2006C). If you order the standard Taylor K2006 thinking you are achieving a cost savings, you aren't. If you currently have algae you would need to go ahead and order another bottle of R0871 and container of R0870 (at a cost of about 18 dollars) at the same time you order the K2006 as you are going to run out of those two reagents very quickly.

Edit....

I concur with cowboycasey on the Speedstir. It probably saved me from wrist surgery during my algae outbreak ;) .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.