Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need test kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Greenwood Lake , ny

Need test kit

Can someone tell me which vendor will ship me a good test kit the Quickest? I live in upstate NY. My pool has had algae problem for a month. I've had pool for 12 years. always used pool store to help. They are out of business. Store next town over in business for years and are no help what so ever. Taking over myself!
    30,000 gal inground, vinyl, Hayward sand filter, 1 hp pump, Well water make up, Raypak heater w/bypass, TF100 testing kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Need test kit, the TF-100. It's the best test kit for your money. They ship usually within a day, should be there in 2-3 business days with regular shipping.

The owners of are also site owners here, so you can get great support for the kit as well.

Once you get it ordered, spend some time in Pool School and you'll be able to take control of your pool in no time. ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Welcome to TFP!

Also: if you order the XL option, which you will likely need if you are dealing with bad algae, that puts you over the $80 order and you get free shipping right now.
    Last edited by JVTrain; 08-28-2015 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Free shipping...
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3
    NW Ohio

Re: Need test kit

Welcome to TFP Oscar!

With clearing up an algae problem I recommend the TF-100 from with the XL option. Alternately the k-2006 is a good kit but if you are dealing with algae then you may run out of reagents. These are the only two kits I recommend as they have the FAS-DPD chlorine test which is key to clearing and maintaining a clear pool following the TFPC methods taught here.

If this is your first time here too I recommend you stop by the pool school and start getting an idea how we will help you get things cleared up. Here are a couple pages that would be a good start:
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter.
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

welcome, the TF100 and XL option are great.. I would also get the speed stir as it is worth its weight in gold the led light is perfect when testing after the sun goes down...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Gulfport, MS

The TF100 or the Taylor K2006 test kits are the only kits that can test chlorine levels in excess of 5ppm. The TF100 (with the XL option if you currently have algae) is hands down the best bang for the buck. If, however, you decide to order the Taylor kit I would highly recommend the "C" option (Taylor K2006C). If you order the standard Taylor K2006 thinking you are achieving a cost savings, you aren't. If you currently have algae you would need to go ahead and order another bottle of R0871 and container of R0870 (at a cost of about 18 dollars) at the same time you order the K2006 as you are going to run out of those two reagents very quickly.

I concur with cowboycasey on the Speedstir. It probably saved me from wrist surgery during my algae outbreak .
    17K gal, AG, 1.0HP pump, 300lb, 3.14 sqft, 62GPM sand filter, Pool Pilot Nano SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6
    SW Louisiana

What they all said, or in other words just order the TF-100 with XL option and if money is not tight get the speed stir see my signature for the link
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~