Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PSI gauge Problems

1. Back To Top    #1

PSI gauge Problems

Hi everyone,
    I ordered a new gauge for my sand filter last year from the website TFTestkits.net and it is already broken the needle is sticking. These look like really nice gauges, I was impressed with the build quality when it came in the mail. I am wondering if I got a dud or if anyone else is having the same problem. I do take the gauge indoors for winter.
    21,500 Gallon Vinyl liner pool Eastern Pennsylvania
    Hayward 2 HP pump 2" Pvc pipes Full Sun Pool
    Hayward sand filter, Compupool CPSC 48 SWG
    12mil solar cover and reel

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PSI gauge Problems

I have not heard of any problems, mine works great.

I would give them a call
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

A sand filter is a pretty rough place for a gauge. I've replaced mine 4 times in 15 years. How old is it?
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

4. Back To Top    #4

Have you pulled the little brass plunger out? That relieves internal pressure in case there is some. Maybe that will unstick your needle.

Have a paper towel or rag handy as some glycerin will leak out.
    ----Chris----
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN

5. Back To Top    #5

I think I got my gauge last summer maybe August or Sept. I pulled the plunger and unscrewed it to check for a clog and had no luck. Guess I will order another. Thanks.

6. Back To Top    #6

Okay, I called Rebecca and she was super nice! She said I bought the gauge in April 2015 and there is something defective with it, so she is sending out a new one for me today.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by doublewide6 View Post
    Okay, I called Rebecca and she was super nice! She said I bought the gauge in April 2015 and there is something defective with it, so she is sending out a new one for me today.
    TFTestkits customer service strikes again! (in a good way)
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by doublewide6 View Post
    Awesome-sauce!!!
    ----Chris----
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Agent99 View Post
    Awesome-sauce!!!
    Lisa? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi7VHr_S_MQ

I also had a problem with my gauge which I bought last summer. The glycerin all leaked out and the needle is sticking. I can thump it and get the needle to reset. I also called Rebecca and she is shipping me one right out. TFTestkits customer service for the win!
    17K gal, AG, 1.0HP pump, 300lb, 3.14 sqft, 62GPM sand filter, Pool Pilot Nano SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by ScottCh View Post
    Lisa?
    I heard on the radio yesterday that 'awesome-sauce' is officially being recognized as a word...or something to that ilk.
    ----Chris----