Preparing for TS Erika

Jul 15, 2015
Florida
Thought we might start a thread on pool preparations for Erika.

Being a lifelong resident of Florida I have been through my fair share, but this is my first with a pool.

Suggestions on where to start???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock up on bleach/chlorine. If it comes your way adjust the pH and bring the pool up to shock level if not a little above before the storm hits while you still have power.

If you do loose power keep the FC up by additions of chlorine and mixing by brushing the pool. Use your net to get and debris out of the pool as wipe icky as possible.

As always, worry about yourself first. Stay inside during the storm and watch out for downed wires after the storm.

Erika has dissipated for now so it might be a moot point; however, one thing we always did was to lower the pool water to just above the skimmer inlet to prevent overflow. if you lose power, you will only be left with a gravity drain (rather than the pump) so it's best to plan ahead based on projected rainfall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.