Long story... back again lol

and to brighten my day.... I think something is wrong with the filter now and not just the gauge... It is a DE filter and I know for a fact that since we have moved in and the pool guy was taking care of everything that it has never been backwashed nor DE added... As I hooked up the vacuum this morning and let it finally rebuild pressure, it ran for a bit then the vacuum just stopped and I noticed there was no pressure from the skimmer and return jet.

I unhooked the vacuum to let it build back up but of course it never did. I shut it off until I could go back out and try to figure out how to operate this equipment but then the timer clicked it back on and it won't let me turn it off yet *sigh* ... I ordered the gauge this morning but now scratching my head at the other stuff.... will go out on my break and see if I can get numbers off the equipment to look them up. Fun times... :mad:

so I went back outside to look at the equipment again.. I see nothing that will allow a backwash or even has a setting for that .. all the equipment sits inside a small area that is built out of lattice so I have no idea if I could even take it apart... I may have to hire someone to do that part :( I looked through both of the links Jason and they were great but I can't see a way to replicate...

filterlabel.jpg

filter.jpg

woohooo so I figured something out :) I need to release the air - that seems to be the problem. It never occurred to me that our skimmer always had a vortex swirling and would make noise. I think if I can do that it will bring the filter back up. I did contact a couple of places to service it if needed and they said it would be about $100 to service it.

hahaha I was just reading that lol my problem more is lack of access to the filter since it is like in a whole covered area and I am not confident enough to mess with it myself. I did read about what happens when air is in it so that will be my next step this afternoon, add more water to the pool at dusk and release as much air as possible. I will probably call someone to service it next month anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know my cartridge filter has an air release at the top where the pressure gauge resides. Every time one 'breaks the seal' somewhere in the system, air is supposed to be released to the point where water starts squirting out and then you shut 'er down.

I know my cartridge filter has an air release at the top where the pressure gauge resides. Every time one 'breaks the seal' somewhere in the system, air is supposed to be released to the point where water starts squirting out and then you shut 'er down.

will update you once I get the air released at lunch - whew.... my brain hurts :D

ugh released the air... no better *Sigh* .... I tried flow valves and turn one and it drained the spa lol Still do not see anything for backwash and I have crawled through that whole set up. I think I will defer the service guys and just let them come in and clean it out for $100. At least then I can watch and possibly do it myself next time. I will also know for sure when it had been serviced and be able to keep up with it. The unknowns are just too great with the equipment for me :)

excellent idea Bob :) be also good to learn the flow of the pipes but we just walked through it again and there is nothing that resembles a filter control valve ... so it looks like the cleaning is my way to go :) and I think $100 to learn and get it cleaned is well worth it instead of my own headache lol

Get an indelible pen and write things like "pool suction, spa return, etc." on the pipes. Ask lots of questions...be a busy body...nose your way in. Hopefully the pool guy is cool and will be happy to show you the ropes. Good Luck! :whoot:

Get an indelible pen and write things like "pool suction, spa return, etc." on the pipes. Ask lots of questions...be a busy body...nose your way in. Hopefully the pool guy is cool and will be happy to show you the ropes. Good Luck! :whoot:

lol oh I will do that... I may draw a schematic before they get here and label it there first then hit the pipes :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.