Replacing pool light

Jun 8, 2015
Rocklin Ca
I've replaced both my pool lights before. The one light always seems to leak unless I use silicone on the gasket including the grove that fits the lens. So I replaced the light and a "new" gasket and sure enough it leaked. So I just redid it again using silicone on the gasket. What I like to do is tighten up the wire clamp pretty tight let it sit for about 4 hours then finish tightening it. So is there something I’m missing? Am over tightening the clamp? I do get it as tight as I can. I don’t seem to have this problem with the other light. Also the fixture is not leaking before I took the fixture apart I made sure it was dry outside inside had no moisture at all. I guess the fixture mounting face could be warped didn’t straight edge it. Any suggestions ? I put up a pic of light and type of clamp generic photo

Attachments

• wire clamp.jpg
    wire clamp.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 25
  • pool light.jpg
    pool light.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 25
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.