Tahoe Blue Pebble

We are okay with the color. We had hoped for a bit darker, but it looks nice and as I said it changes shades a lot during the day. If our pool was deeper I think it would also help. We also really like it when we turn on the LED light with slowly changing colors on at night. The pool color doesn't really matter then as all the color comes from the LED.

The coping is a bullnosed lueders limestone. Very cool in the hot sun compared with our deck and seems to have very good grip when you walk on it. The bullnosed edge is also very nice for swimming, or sitting / leaning against. We had the option of going with flagstone, but really preferred the look and feel of this. Limestone is fairly soft so hopefully it ages well.

Most PBs charge the same for both Stonescape mini pebble Tahoe and tropics blue because they leave out of the tropics blue mixing batch, the bag containing the tri color pebbles (blue, red, green). Actually, this is not a true tropics blue mix, but it allows the PB to bid the job with both finishes being the same price.

Without the tri color bag being added in, the overall color of the tropics blue does not change a whole lot, but the finish is a little more boring up close, and lacks "depth" to the finish which is provided by the adding of the tri color bag.

I opted for a modified upgrade of my tropics blue. Instead of paying extra for the tri color bag of pebbles that goes into an authentic tropics blue, I paid extra to have a 20% mix of their jewelsscape glass beads (colors of glass is lite blue, dark blue and clear). Looks great.

Should mention that the true tropics blue also has abalone bits as part of the standard mix...its not suppose to be an extra. And if you can get the PB to hand cast the abalone onto the finish, you'll get a nice sparkle.

Go to my posts to see pool pics that I posted.
Can you share a picture? I want my tropics blue darker deeper blue... but I think midnight is too dark and tahoe too light... thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.