Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new pool build leaking after bad rain

1. Back To Top    #1

macomb twp

new pool build leaking after bad rain

My pool had not been backfilled yet and there was 16 inches of water in it to hold down liner. We had a bad rain and water got behind the liner. I had to pump the outsides of the pool out b4 they backfilled and the water eventually came to a stop/ trickle. Now they backfilled and pool is full, i have alot of water on sides of pool. Theres got to b a leak somewhere. Again, there was 16 inches of water to start and no leaks. After the bad rain, water behind liner and now problems. What could this be?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: new pool build leaking after bad rain

So you have water between the liner and the exterior pool wall? Is the exterior wall steel, concrete or ??? Based on your description, it sounds like there is inadequate drainage behind the pool wall and the exterior wall is leaking water behind your liner because that's the path of least resistance for drainage. If you have a pool builder who did the work, get them back out there to resolve the issue.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons