Cutting my solar cover, any tips?

QingGuy

Silver Supporter
Mar 22, 2015
Las Vegas NV
Will be cutting our solar cover next week and thought I'd see if anyone has any tips for a pool shaped like ours.

MoonQueens1_zps7zcxcxdr.jpg

Spread over entire water surface. With cover flat on the water & using a very sharp knife, follow the curves of the pool, cutting the cover against the wall so that it remains flat on the water. We used a sharpie and marked on the top of the cover left & right. :)

^^^^^^ I've been told to let it sit on the pool for a couple days. So I let it sit for about 3 days then take scissors to it. You might be able to cut pull the cover on top of the planters then cut it . Or if you really want to get it just right tape some cardboard together put it on top of the planters and make a pattern. trace from bellow. The cove doesn't have to fit perfect

Box, or sheet rock cutter is best. I have used scissors with horrible results (in comparison to the box cutter). Cutting the cover into two or even three sections is great for managing. The best thing is to have an area adjacent to the pool to pull the cover off onto, and it looks like you have plenty of area for this. Hardest/most challenging area will be up against the raised wall.

Good Luck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.