I have an above ground Baquacil pool. After spending over $500 in chemicals last summer, and my kids only swimming in it for 5 days because of the cold weather, I decided not to open it at all this summer. It has been another cold summer until two weeks ago, so that was a good decision! In the spring we will be getting a ng heater, so the pool will be back in business! But I am definitely going to convert to chlorine!!!!
So my question is: Shall I convert now, or just wait until the spring?
We didn't even take our filter out of storage for this summer, so it isn't connected... I would have to hook it up. But, dh had taken the winter cover off, and put on the solar cover in the spring. We haven't taken the solar cover off at all, or added any chemicals this summer. I peeked, and it doesn't look too green, probably because of the freakishly cold summer. I'm thinking it makes the most sense to just cover it back up for the winter and start new in the spring. Hopefully most of the Baq is gone after a year of no new chemicals. But part of me is worried about the no chemicals thing going into winter. What do you think is my best move?