NEw to TFP

Aug 26, 2015
Brighton, MI
After 4 frustrating years of bad advice from multiple pool stores, I have found TFP and will prepare to open next spring to a new school of thought. My Taylor test kit arrived today and I am full of excitement. Why wait you ask? That is because this July some pool store employee, whom I was thinking was a trusted pool expert... had me add CYA when I was testing at 70. Yes and now my pool is running at CYA of 180. :grrrr: So while my pool is still clear for now, I know I am currently dumping in way more chlorine than I should be. But as temperatures here are in the low 70's and we will close the pool in a few weeks, we have decided not to drain the pool to lower the levels until we close for the winter. So for now... Lots of great reading here, I will study up for the new season!
I will also be removing the Nature-2 cartridge this winter but am thinking I will leave the in-line chlorinator in just in case we can pull off a vacation and need to chlorinate with thichlor pucks in our absence.
Looking forward to a Trouble Free Pool!
Thanks in advance.:handwave:

leave the inline chlorinator for sure, just make sure there are no pucks in it. you can use it when you go on vacation like you said. sounds like you are setup for success for next year! will you be completely draining the pool for the winter, or do you leave it up?

When I redid our pool and the pool pad plumbing, I also put back the puck in-line chlorinator just in case. I still have some pucks from 'back in the day' and I'll use them to raise my CYA a bit. I'm loving my Liquidator thus far.

Thanks, I tried running a set of tests, but I think everything is so far out of wack from what the pool store had me put in. I know my CYA was reading over 200. I did the half pool, half tap water test. Not good. And I know i p've dumped in a ton of chlorine which is now just stuck there. I couldn't even get my test to turn clear. So I gave up and drained half the pool. I know it needed to be done. I'm sure it needs more than that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.