What should I do if my phosphate test came back over 2000ppm? I have all the other chemistry in-check as recommended by the pool school.
FC = 4-4.5 (mostly, does dip into high 2's on occasion)
CC = 0
PH = 7.5
TA = 100-110 (which when I do the CA conversion I think it puts it around 85-87 or so) I think that is ok
CH = 180-190
CYA = 50 (still a bit low, but I am slowly getting it to 70 as recommended for my SWCG)
The water looks clear. My pool company told me phosphates can eat up chlorine as well. Should I tackle the high phosphates and if so, what should I use? I have not officially done an OCLT. Should I do one first? Are high phosphates a pre-cursor to an algae bloom?