New Spa Owner

Jun 30, 2014
Michigan
Hey yall,,,, Just got a Cal Spa model ps5 circa 1995. She an oldy but got it for peanuts. Rarely used.

I use the BBB method here in Trouble free for my pool and was wondering if I can treat the spa with the same method liquid bleach method using the pool calculator for dosage ? .. It has cartridge filters.

Thanks in advance for any help.....

Read through the How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?) sticky post. It has everything you need there. Basically you just need to get some CYA in the tub through some short term usage of dichlor, then keep the FC above 0 and oxidize bather waste after soaks with bleach.

Before you start tub maintenance, I would HIGHLY recommend flushing a used tub with a product such as Ahh-some to remove biofilms and other nasties that you cannot see in the spa plumbing. Ahh-Some Water Cleanser, for pool, hut tub, jet bath, and washing machines There are several threads on here that have detailed the use of the product with great results, including myself. You can purchase the product on amazon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.