Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Spa Owner

1. Back To Top    #1

New Spa Owner

Hey yall,,,, Just got a Cal Spa model ps5 circa 1995. She an oldy but got it for peanuts. Rarely used.

I use the BBB method here in Trouble free for my pool and was wondering if I can treat the spa with the same method liquid bleach method using the pool calculator for dosage ? .. It has cartridge filters.

Thanks in advance for any help.....
    20K gal, Fiberglass, 1.5 hp Century Pump, Sta-Rit System 3 Model PLM-100, 100 SQ Foot. Inline Frogger Chlorinater Mineral pack removed, adjusted the Chlorine pac to put in my own when on vacation. Liquid Pool Sanitizer,, BBB style.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Spa Owner

Read through the How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?) sticky post. It has everything you need there. Basically you just need to get some CYA in the tub through some short term usage of dichlor, then keep the FC above 0 and oxidize bather waste after soaks with bleach.

Before you start tub maintenance, I would HIGHLY recommend flushing a used tub with a product such as Ahh-some to remove biofilms and other nasties that you cannot see in the spa plumbing. Ahh-Some Water Cleanser, for pool, hut tub, jet bath, and washing machines There are several threads on here that have detailed the use of the product with great results, including myself. You can purchase the product on amazon.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Spa Owner

THANKS !!!! Should have known there was an answer already !!!!
    20K gal, Fiberglass, 1.5 hp Century Pump, Sta-Rit System 3 Model PLM-100, 100 SQ Foot. Inline Frogger Chlorinater Mineral pack removed, adjusted the Chlorine pac to put in my own when on vacation. Liquid Pool Sanitizer,, BBB style.