Hawyard TriStar vs Max-Flo?

Jul 20, 2015
Newton, NJ
I'm trying to compare pool quotes from different builders and I'm having trouble figuring out what the differences between the Hayward pumps are.

Both are quoting 2-speed pumps (at my request from knowledge learned on this forum). 1 proposed the TriStar, another the Max-Flo. I can't for the life of me figure out what's what on Hayward's site.

Which do I want? LOL

ac

Depends on your pool's features .... hint hint ... put your pool details in your signature as described HERE and keep your related questions together as it will help us help you.

I'd love to, but there is no such thing as "MY" pool yet :).

We think we've settled it down to one of Viking's fiberglass 16x40 freeform models. Somewhere in the 16-20k gallon range depending on the depth we choose.

No water features, just a basic install. I'm insisting on 2-speed pump for the energy savings (electric rate isn't >$.20, we are on time-based billing).

All plumbing will be rigid 2".

ac

From what you describe the 2 speed Max-Flo should work fine, it does have 1.5 inch plumbing connections though so your 2 inch will need to be stepped down at the pump. I would make sure that enough 2 inch stub is left to install a pump with 2 inch connections in the future though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.