LifeTime Supporter
Sep 20, 2014
Pleasanton, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
In south Texas so don't have to close pool, but we have way too many post oak trees around that let loose of their leaves around thanksgiving every year. Had a leaf cover last year, but I think it would be easier to blow leaves off a vinyl cover. I see now that most of the covers on the market have velcro straps around the sides to hold vinyl water tubes, which in turn hold the cover in place. Was wondering if anyone had ever used large diameter pvc (4" maybe) in those side velcro straps? Anyone see a problem with doing this?

Seems like you could cap one end, then fill with with water or sand before capping the other end. Would be much stronger and last longer, and cheaper too I believe.

Or, I'm all ears for better ideas. Thanks.

I think you would be able to make them heavy enough to hold in pretty high winds. The only negative I see is needing extra space to store them during pool season. Easily drain the water from the pipe by using screw in caps. I'm gonna try it this November and I'll come back and report findings then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.