Jandy aquapure 1400 question

mike_s

Sep 14, 2007
round rock Texas
Looks like it's finally time to replace mine. I have had good luck with my sec d one after the first was replaced under warrantee. The current one has lasted 6 years with proper cleaning and matinence. My question is this....I cannot seem to find a kit on Amazon that included the new and improved flow sensor. I will include a link to the one I can find that seems to have the old style sensor without the extra lcd readout.

Amazon.com: Zodiac PLC1400 14 Blade 3-Port PureLink Cell Kit with 2-Inch to 2.5-Inch PVC Universal Unions and 16-Feet Cables: Patio, Lawn Garden

I do not believe that my power cord or flow sensor is bad but my thinking is that for a little bit more (on Amazon at least). I can get the whole kit and kaboodle. Anyone know of anyone online selling a complete kit like the one I listed with the new flow sensor? My plan is to drop in the aquapure with same DC cord and see if that solves the issue. If not then new DC cord changed out as well. Last will be the sensor as I am having no flow issues. <-------this order seem right?

Btw mine is throwing 120 codes and I have cleaned the cell and scrubbed the flow sensor. 6 years seems pretty good to me after readin some other threads on this unit. Nacl readin 3.2 and confirmed with Taylor salt test ordered from TFpool.

Thanks for reading,

mikes

One thing to be aware of is that the size of the unions changed over time - my pool was installed 8-9 years ago so we have systems of a similar vintage. My original cell was rectangular shaped but most, although not all, of the round cells are a different shape. So you may have to have some PVC piping redone to put in a new cell. Or you may be good.

See this thread if this applies to you Replacing a PLC1400

Your plan seems to be right on and I suggest trying to call some of the online sites like PoolSupplyWorld to see if they have the latest sensor included. I believe the sensor part number is R0452500.

One thing to be aware of is that the size of the unions changed over time - my pool was installed 8-9 years ago so we have systems of a similar vintage. My original cell was rectangular shaped but most, although not all, of the round cells are a different shape. So you may have to have some PVC piping redone to put in a new cell. Or you may be good.

See this thread if this applies to you Replacing a PLC1400

Thanks! I think I have the right PVC unions but we will find out :)

- - - Updated - - -

Your plan seems to be right on and I suggest trying to call some of the online sites like PoolSupplyWorld to see if they have the latest sensor included. I believe the sensor part number is R0452500.

Good call! I just revert to Amazon because of my prime account. Will check out the online retailer you listed.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.