Liquidator Still the Best Option?

Thanks. Much to consider. Liquidator looks so deliciously simple and a great way to replace pucks... And probably pay for itself within a year.

Steiner looks neat though, just not sure why not go to SWCG given cost and electrical needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex,

I would like to suggest another option that I am using on my pool. Have a look at a Pulastron Pump. It seems to be doing a great job of maintaining my FC without having to do a manual add everyday. I had the pump left over from another job and thought it might work, so I got a large 8 gal bucket with a locking lid, drilled a small hole in the side near the top and installed the feed line from the bucket to the pump and then ran a line up to the pool and zipptyed it to the hose for my robot cleaner. I am still slowly dialing it back to drop my FC level down, but other than topping off the bucket with 8.25% clorine once a week, and testing each day till I get it down to the FC level that I want, it has been worry free and worked great. I do have it set up on the same timer as my main pool pump so it only adds when the water is filtering but I don't think the small amount that it dumps in each stroke would really hurt anything even if the pool pump wasn't working. I guess ta mate it is putting out about 2 cc per pulse for about 6 hrs total per day.

Total cost for new Pulsatron about $300 plus a white bucket with locking lid free from work, bucket might cost you $10-15.

It comes with about 10ft of hose and a checkvalve with a filter for the supply side.

It even says it is for outdoor use on pools and spas.

Just one other option for you to look at.

Alex,

I would like to suggest another option that I am using on my pool. Have a look at a Pulastron Pump. It seems to be doing a great job of maintaining my FC without having to do a manual add everyday. I had the pump left over from another job and thought it might work, so I got a large 8 gal bucket with a locking lid, drilled a small hole in the side near the top and installed the feed line from the bucket to the pump and then ran a line up to the pool and zipptyed it to the hose for my robot cleaner. I am still slowly dialing it back to drop my FC level down, but other than topping off the bucket with 8.25% clorine once a week, and testing each day till I get it down to the FC level that I want, it has been worry free and worked great. I do have it set up on the same timer as my main pool pump so it only adds when the water is filtering but I don't think the small amount that it dumps in each stroke would really hurt anything even if the pool pump wasn't working. I guess ta mate it is putting out about 2 cc per pulse for about 6 hrs total per day.

Total cost for new Pulsatron about $300 plus a white bucket with locking lid free from work, bucket might cost you $10-15.

It comes with about 10ft of hose and a checkvalve with a filter for the supply side.

It even says it is for outdoor use on pools and spas.

Just one other option for you to look at.
your install sounds a lot like the Stenner pump many of us use.

You want to avoid the pump adding chlorine when there is no circulation in the pool. I might also,suggest just taping the return pipe and adding the chlorine after your filter rather than running a hose to the pool surface.

You can see some photos of My Stenner Install - July 2014

Oh ok, the prices I have seen on the forum were closer to $600. My mistake for not checking prices first hand. At that price it would seem to be an easy decision to replace a Salt system or upgrade from manual dosing.

Sorry for the misinformation about pricing.

I lean to Stenner but wanted to show how easy to install:
$202 at Locke Well Pump today
15 gallon container $20-$50 on ebay

very easy to install:
mount pump
plug into 110v ( or your automation system )
tap injector to return line
tube to 15 gallon container
adjust run time to FC wanted
[/URL[URL=http://s864.photobucket.com/user/rphhollis1/media/20150419_154646_zpsokh5kogx.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s864.photobucket.com/user/rphhollis1/media/20150419_154653_zpsxylojv2l.jpg.html]
45MP2 - Stenner Pumps Chemical Feeder

10 gpd - 25 psi - Fixed Rate - Single Head - #2 Tube
45MP2, Stenner Peristaltic Pump, Stenner Chemical Feed Pump, Stenner Metering Pump Stenner Pumps 45MP2 fixed rate chemical feeder is...

Just one more opinion: I love my Liquidator. A Stenner install might be superior but this was a quick addition to my equipment and is running fine. Could've DIY'd it for less but I'd still be procrastinating.

Pool hasn't been this consistently beautiful in years (my fault but this compensates for inattention). I can regulate chlorine level just fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.