Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Could someone recommend a pool cover for a 16' intex ultra frame please..

1. Back To Top    #1

Could someone recommend a pool cover for a 16' intex ultra frame please..

The cover that came with my pool tore when i tried to put it on, so i'd rather not use the intex covers, could you guys recommend a decent cover for me!

Also, do i need a pillow or something to raise the center of the cover? This will be my first year covering a pool.
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra Frame
    Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Could someone recommend a pool cover for a 16' intex ultra frame please..

Hello,

There is one I found on Ebay with a 10yr warranty for $36.95 and free shipping. I got one for my 24" round, but haven't used it yet, so I can't say how well it will hold up, but if they honor their warranty if it does tear up then that's a plus.

Plus with Ebay's Money Back Guarantee, you can't go wrong there because If the company doesn't honor the terms of the ad, EBay will refund your money to you, and then EBay will go after the seller to get their money back. So that's why I decide to give it a try. Plus the price is like 40 less than most other ones I've seen.

As far as the pillow a lot of people do use them so the water doesn't collect and weight down in the center of the cover. That is your choice to use it or not, but something under there is convenient to allow the water to run off the cover better, and keep the water out of the center. I actually used a couple of blow up floats in my smaller pool that I gave a couple dollars for at the Dollar Store, and they worked well. Depending on the amount of rain/snow you get during the winter you may still have to break out the shop vac or something to remove water off it to keep the cover from sinking into the pool, or when you get ready to uncover the pool next season, but any little bit helps for sure.

Also a tip I use that works great to help hold down the cover is to place clothes pins about every 6"-12" all the way around the underside of the frame and clip the cover to the frame.

Here's the Link to the cover: http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Round-10-...3D201355748712

I hope this helps, and have a wonderful night.
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Crackerjack4u View Post
    Hello,

There is one I found on Ebay with a 10yr warranty for $36.95 and free shipping. I got one for my 24" round, but haven't used it yet, so I can't say how well it will hold up, but if they honor their warranty if it does tear up then that's a plus.

Plus with Ebay's Money Back Guarantee, you can't go wrong there because If the company doesn't honor the terms of the ad, EBay will refund your money to you, and then EBay will go after the seller to get their money back. So that's why I decide to give it a try. Plus the price is like 40 less than most other ones I've seen.

As far as the pillow a lot of people do use them so the water doesn't collect and weight down in the center of the cover. That is your choice to use it or not, but something under there is convenient to allow the water to run off the cover better, and keep the water out of the center. I actually used a couple of blow up floats in my smaller pool that I gave a couple dollars for at the Dollar Store, and they worked well. Depending on the amount of rain/snow you get during the winter you may still have to break out the shop vac or something to remove water off it to keep the cover from sinking into the pool, or when you get ready to uncover the pool next season, but any little bit helps for sure.

Also a tip I use that works great to help hold down the cover is to place clothes pins about every 6"-12" all the way around the underside of the frame and clip the cover to the frame.

Here's the Link to the cover: http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Round-10-...3D201355748712

I hope this helps, and have a wonderful night.
    Thanks for the advice!
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra Frame
    Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System
    Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

You're welcome.
    24' Round x 4.5 ft deep AGP (15,200 Gallons), Vinyl Liner, Hayward Vari Flo XL Sand Filter- (model SP0714T1),
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, SLAM & the Chlorine/CYA CHART. Support this Site! TFP Totally Rocks.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a 20' intex and was considering building a cross out of pvc with a vertical support in the center to support the cover
    Intex 20' x 52" Ultra frame pool w/ 1,600-Gallon sand filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

That's a very good idea Rick let us know how well that works out please.