TF-100 Test kit storage question

Mar 22, 2015
League City, TX
Just got my TF-100 test kit! Very exciting even though my pool is still about 2 weeks from being finished.

I have a question. In the instructions it recommends:

"Removing the Taylor K-1000 and keeping it near your pool (but not outside) for frequent testing of pH and Chlorine. The rest of the kit will last longest if you keep it in a controlled environment, away from heat, humidity and direct sunlight."

I was originally planning on storing the entire TF-100 in my vertical outside storage shed with my pool chemicals. It should be inside this shed, in shade the majority of the time, but yes the temps will be up there. Should I keep the whole kit inside the house? Thanks.

You will get the best life out of your kit if you keep it in a dark climate controlled place, I keep mine in a drawer in the half bath near the kitchen, and do most of my water testing at the kitchen table.

The suggestion to leave the K-1000 in a shaded area near the pool is strictly convenience. Heat doesn't bother that chemistry too, too much but sunlight will destroy it almost immediately.

Keeping ALL of it inside is best but you'll have to retrieve the K-1000 for daily tests.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.