Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF-100 Test kit storage question

1. Back To Top    #1

TF-100 Test kit storage question

Just got my TF-100 test kit! Very exciting even though my pool is still about 2 weeks from being finished.

I have a question. In the instructions it recommends:

"Removing the Taylor K-1000 and keeping it near your pool (but not outside) for frequent testing of pH and Chlorine. The rest of the kit will last longest if you keep it in a controlled environment, away from heat, humidity and direct sunlight."

I was originally planning on storing the entire TF-100 in my vertical outside storage shed with my pool chemicals. It should be inside this shed, in shade the majority of the time, but yes the temps will be up there. Should I keep the whole kit inside the house? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF-100 Test kit storage question

I leave mine In the shed all summer and it seems fine. I did make the mistake of letting it in there during the winter and I got some wacky results in the spring. So I bought a refill and all was good again.
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

3. Back To Top    #3

You will get the best life out of your kit if you keep it in a dark climate controlled place, I keep mine in a drawer in the half bath near the kitchen, and do most of my water testing at the kitchen table.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The suggestion to leave the K-1000 in a shaded area near the pool is strictly convenience. Heat doesn't bother that chemistry too, too much but sunlight will destroy it almost immediately.

Keeping ALL of it inside is best but you'll have to retrieve the K-1000 for daily tests.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys! I guess it makes sense to store inside, just in case. I had pictured in my mind everything being nice and orderly stored in my little storage shed next to pool equipment, but I don't want to cause erroneous test numbers.

6. Back To Top    #6

The best answer is HERE.

7. Back To Top    #7

I just printed that out and shall include it with my TF-100 kit.

My TF-100 kit stores in a central bathroom under the sink.
    ----Chris----
    25k IG/Spa Figure 8, 18x36, Pebble Sheen Blue Granite, Sta-Rite S8M150 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 460805 400k BTU Heater & 011018 IntelliFlo VarSpd
    Liquidator, Fafco Solar Heat, Polaris PB460 Booster Pump w/280 cleaner, Katchaleaf Cover, TF100 Test Kit, FAKE MAIN DRAIN

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by ewkearns View Post
    The best answer is HERE.
    Good info! I printed it out too.