Recommended websites to purchase DIY pool kit

kehi66

Aug 25, 2015
SC
Hi everyone my wife and I are planning on a 24'x54" AGB next year and looking to do DIY. We both are very handy and have plenty of friends to help if needed :). I have looked at the saltwater 8000 pool and this looked ok but wanted to get some other opinions and possibly something a little more affordable. We definately want a SWG system and hard wall. I have very limited contractors in my area and have heard many negatives about them so that is why I have decided DIY. Thanks everyone

I have a radiant metric. It's salt compatible. The condenses around where I live is the pool companies don't want to sell salt systems because you are not there buying chemicals each week. So they always talk them down. Any resin pool would be fine with a salt cell.

I once considered a DIY pool. My reasons for not doing it were the ground where I was living was VERY hard to dig in, even for power equipment and an honest assessment of what I could do on my own.
One way that I've seen DIY done pretty effectively was to have the digging and grading hired in. Then do the rest yourself. There are a number of YouTube vids with folks doing just that.

I went with poolandspa.com. I searched as you did the summer prior and throughout the winter both locally and Internet. I have an 18x45 all aluminum above ground pool. After searching locally for the size I wanted and finding no one willing or at least thrilled with ordering a pool that large I decided to look at everyone on the web. Prior to ordering I called and the people were very helpful and did not recommend anything no needed. I ordered only the pool and filter and even after having my pool installed by a local pool installer saved around $10,000 over going with a local company. I did however have a local pool dealer who could not even get a pool this size but was willing to give me the contact info for an installer who works for them. Just a heads up I ordered my pool also sold by a local company who would never get back to me on a price and now I wanted to order a part I broke while putting my deck around it and they will not help me even though they sell the same brand pool be because I did not order it through them. No loss though just ordered the part I needed from the manufacturer. Good luck and you can save yourself more money if you can install it yourself not a task I was willing to take on.

Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea when it comes to buying pools, but I have bought items from both inyo pools (http://www.inyopools.com) - covers, parts, lights, etc and from Doheny's Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast - Free Shipping (Filters and pumps) and have been very happy with both. Doneny's impressed me. They had the lowest price on the filter, free shipping, and it was at my door two days after I ordered it.

I have looked at pools, in anticipation of when it comes time to replace mine. The Radiant pools are not cheap, but I really like them. Not an endorsement, and my mind is not made up, but if price was not a factor, I think I would buy an Radiant.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.