Brand new pool needs some lanscape ASAP

our new pool was just finished on Friday so now I have started the landscape around it(what a pain)...but my question is this...with all of the pool plumbing running around the pool, what kind of large plants are safe to plant? I mean, everywhere my wife wants to put a palm or large plant, there are lines underneath. I am just being paranoid about putting a king palm within 2' of the pool plumbing or am I justified in this concern? almost every pool I have ever seen has large plants near where i now know would be pool plumbing.

Attachments

• full of water.jpg
    full of water.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 296
It would be smart to research a tree/plant's root structure to find out of it is aggressive or not. Also, consider the tree/plant's effect on your water since some items (certain male palms) will shed their palm fronds as well and cause havoc on your water and/or filter. Just a thought.

It would be smart to research a tree/plant's root structure to find out of it is aggressive or not. Also, consider the tree/plant's effect on your water since some items (certain male palms) will shed their palm fronds as well and cause havoc on your water and/or filter. Just a thought.

copy that man...I will be sticking with plants with non-invasive roots...but even then, can I plant directly over the pool plumbing? Thanks

Personally, I would probably try to avoid planting anything directly over any plumbing .... just in case. :hammer: If it's a very small, low-lying plant that I don't mind tearing-up, okay. But if it's a tree or larger bush with a significant root structure, I don't want to exert more energy than already needed to get through perhaps 2ft of soil. To compromise, some people may use those large planters for some palms or bushes. At least you could move those if needed.

Nice pool, also saw your post on glamisdunes.

Are you planting between the block wall and pool? If so how much room between?

Thanks man...GLAMISDUNES for life :rockon:

Yes I will be planting in between the wall and deck...there will be 3 large trellises with a clilmber some sort to help block the view of my ugly neighbors house

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I would probably try to avoid planting anything directly over any plumbing .... just in case. :hammer: If it's a very small, low-lying plant that I don't mind tearing-up, okay. But if it's a tree or larger bush with a significant root structure, I don't want to exert more energy than already needed to get through perhaps 2ft of soil. To compromise, some people may use those large planters for some palms or bushes. At least you could move those if needed.

I agree...my wife is stubborn tho

So then most people who dont know exactly where their plumbing is may plant over it, but since I know, I shouldnt...

<~ Duner here too...but Dumont :).

I bought a house with a pool, we didn't know where the plumbing was running, there were 2 Mexican Fan Palms planted too close to the neighboring wall and we also didn't like them, so we removed them...they were both on top of the plumbing and we did break the lines during removal. The palms were about 5ft tall, so they hadn't crushed the pipes yet, but those suckers get big and heavy, so I imagine in the future it would have broken the pipes due to weight.

Sorry, I don't have suggestions on what to plant, we gutted the landscaping 2yrs ago and still haven't redone it. Nice pool, can't wait to see how you finish off the yard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.