Can I Get Your Opinion?

Helen203

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2015
Annapolis, MD
Hi there,

We're about to sign a contract for 450 sf curvy concrete pool (gulp) after meeting with 5 different PB's and I was hoping to hear from you if this combination of finishes will work. We're hoping to create a very organic looking pool nestled in gardens.

I'm not 100% sure what stone and color this coping is? I think I may be limited to tumbled bluestone, full range of colors within.

waterline tile, plaster, accent tiles w gray grout on steps and sun shelf

The colors look fantastic. If your pool is a salt pool, my basic understanding is that flagstone might not be a good material to choose! I wish I had a bit of extra money to put the tiling on the steps into the pool - looks great!

The OP is from MD where the local flagstone is PA bluestone which is quite dense, so no problem to have around SWCG's. We have it as our coping. Would have been great (though quite hot - hotter than stamped concrete) to have as our decking.

The OP is from MD where the local flagstone is PA bluestone which is quite dense, so no problem to have around SWCG's. We have it as our coping. Would have been great (though quite hot - hotter than stamped concrete) to have as our decking.

That is really good to know! Bluestone is a very common coping treatment here -- off to recheck your coping -- as I recall, you did a concrete treatment that is right in line with the variegated colors that appeal to me most. I know we've "cyber-talked" about this before, but who did that work for you??

Just went back and reviewed and oh yes - you ARE the poster with the amazing concrete work! Can you please pm your contractor?

- - - Updated - - -

The colors look fantastic. If your pool is a salt pool, my basic understanding is that flagstone might not be a good material to choose! I wish I had a bit of extra money to put the tiling on the steps into the pool - looks great!

Well, you get 6 linear feet for every tile, which makes it more affordable?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good! We have a natural pool in the woods if you want to look at more pool pics. And who doesn't??? Pics in build thread in sig.

haha - understatement of the year, I must have pictures of a thousand pool pictures in my laptop. Your pool is right-in-line with where we are going, but in a garden setting verses a wooded setting!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.