Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone spot my new toy from Taylor?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can anyone spot my new toy from Taylor?

Enhanced-0538.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Time saver! I love mine.

Knj
    26700 gal, vinyl, SWG, Hayward Goldline controls, T-15 Cell, 20gpm/ft2 sand filter, 1 hp pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Can anyone spot my new toy from Taylor?

Quote Originally Posted by Knjakeman View Post
    Time saver! I love mine.
    Not sure what a "Time saver" is!

Hint, it isn't the Speed Stir and it isn't the Sample Sizer.....

4. Back To Top    #4

Doubt this is it, but I've been wondering what those "secret decoder wheels" are in the Taylor kits, in the top right of your kit.

Does it somehow remind you to "BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE"?
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

Speed Stir is what I was referring to as time saver. But since you pointed that it's not that then I give up. lol

Knj
    26700 gal, vinyl, SWG, Hayward Goldline controls, T-15 Cell, 20gpm/ft2 sand filter, 1 hp pump

6. Back To Top    #6

A Christmas Story reference ..... LOVE IT!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

8. Back To Top    #8

While that isn't it, the "Secret Decoder Wheel" is a Water Balance Calculator..... handy, if you aren't near a computer....

I so remember this......

Ovaltine

9. Back To Top    #9

No guesses? OK....

Unit Dispenser

10. Back To Top    #10

I was just going to reply with that!!

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

11. Back To Top    #11

How is it?

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

12. Back To Top    #12

How 'bout that! I never saw that one before.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    How 'bout that! I never saw that one before.
    The Taylor website has lots of "toys" for pool nerds.

Matt

14. Back To Top    #14

Worth buying?
    22,000 gallon IG; plaster; 16x32 Rectangular, Depth 3.5-8Ft.
    Hayward Pro-Grid DE Filter - 48sqft w/ cellulose fiber & Hayward Energy Flo RS Pump - .75HP (1.85SF)
    Very old 312sqft solar system, TFT-100 Kit with Speedstir

15. Back To Top    #15

Does it really save you any time? How long does it take to put a scoop of powder into a vial? I guess it might save you from spilling the powder container, which I have done.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by wayner View Post
    Does it really save you any time? How long does it take to put a scoop of powder into a vial? I guess it might save you from spilling the powder container, which I have done.
    It measures a correct dose. It's design with pool service pros in mind who might be doing a dozen tests a day. Saves you from scooping.

The drawback is you really can't leave it on as it it is not as well sealed as the bottle and it can get caked up with powder if exposed to a lot of humidity. You clean it off with water but the instructions say to dehydrate with isopropyl alcohol to ensure no water is left in the mechanism after rinsing.

Oh, and it is not compatible with the TF-100 powder bottle.

Matt

17. Back To Top    #17

But I thought that dose size of powder doesn't really matter? I have been told here that although the instructions call for two scoops that if the sample turns pink after one then you don't have to add the second scoop.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by wayner View Post
    But I thought that dose size of powder doesn't really matter? I have been told here that although the instructions call for two scoops that if the sample turns pink after one then you don't have to add the second scoop.
    [hiding under desk while sparks fly]

It's better to use too much powder than not enough....that's all I'm sayin....

Matt

19. Back To Top    #19

But if the sample turns bright pink after one scoop then I am guessing I am good. That is normally the case for me as my FC tends to be around 3.5.

Here is the quote that I was mentioning from one of the mods: Clumping on the R-0870 powder spoon

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    Doubt this is it, but I've been wondering what those "secret decoder wheels" are in the Taylor kits, in the top right of your kit.

Does it somehow remind you to "BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE"?
    It allows you to determine your CSI given the input parameters it needs.
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast