Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Aquavac 500

1. Back To Top    #1

Simi Valley, CA

Hayward Aquavac 500

I know this topic has been brought up so I apologize for opening the can of worms but I need a push in one direction or another. I am going to get a robotic cleaner and am trying to decide which one. Here are my thoughts and I would like everyone's opinion.

1. Hayward Aquavac 500 - I really like this vac. One of the pool guys who follows the TFP method on YouTube recommends this cleaner. I like the fact that there is a service center not that far from me. I like the big canister it has for debris and I like the fact that it has filters and not bags. I have also read that a lot of people like their Tiger Shark which is the same brand.
    2. AquaBot T2 - My father-in-law has this robot and loves it. I watched it work over the summer and it did a good job. I am a little standoffish about the bag but that is not a deal breaker. I cannot find a service center near me and that makes me a little nervous. However, a lot of people on this site really like AquaBot.
    3. I was thinking about Dolphin but I do not like the fact that I cannot buy it online without voiding the warranty as I can find it pretty well priced online. I also cannot find a service center near me.

You can tell from the above that I am leaning toward the Hayward but not many people on this site has chimed in on the Aquavac 500 and I would like to hear more from the forum.

Build estimated completion October 2015, IG 21500 gallons, Agua Blue Pebble Tech,1xPentair Intelli Flow VSP, 1x3HP waterfall and slide pump, Pentair 520 soft cartridge filter, Nature 2 purification system, Pentair 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris 9550 Sport, Taylor K-2006.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Wake Forest, NC

Re: Hayward Aquavac 500

Could someone, who has experience, compare and contrast the Hayward Aquavac 500 to the the Polaris 9550?
    True L 45,000 gal Hayward vinyl pool. Hayward Tristar 2.40 THP; 1.5 FRHP/1.60 SF. Hayward Model # S244T Sand Filter. Aqua Rite T-15. Aqua Comfort 154,000 BTU Heat Pump.