I have owned my spa for 3-4 years and in that time I have learned to be come fairly proficient at keeping the water clear, and the chemical in balance. However, eventually, after about 4-5 months of use after filling the spa something in the chemistry of the water causes burning in the lungs and nose and coughing...it gets pretty bad.
I use bromine tabs as my sanitizer. I have seen several threads that touch on this coughing issue but in every case I've found, the user has used chlorine in their spas. I would greatly appreciate any help, especially as due to local water restrictions refilling my spa is not an option.