Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl Pool Sunshelf Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl Pool Sunshelf Question

I have a friend who is going to put in a vinyl IGP. He has a couple of big dogs, and is paranoid about the dogs nails ripping the liner. I have told him that while a potential risk, it is not huge, builders have told him, he just hasnt bought in 100% yet. (I can understand, pools are not cheap neither are liners).

Anyway, I think his compromise is going to be a vinyl pool, and using fiberglass stairs rather than vinyl over steel.

SO to my question. My pool has a sunshelf, and he would like one after being in my pool, but going back to the dog, he is a bit nervous. Can anyone point me to a fiberglass sunshelf that I can share with him? Or an alternative idea that I might not be aware of.
    IG W/Vinyl Liner Oval 18x40, 21K gal, Oval 3'-8'
    Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vinyl Pool Sunshelf Question

Why not put in both a sun shelf and across the pool some fiberglass steps? Train the dogs to only enter/exit at the stairs.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vinyl Pool Sunshelf Question

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Why not put in both a sun shelf and across the pool some fiberglass steps? Train the dogs to only enter/exit at the stairs.
    The second the dogs find out there is a nice, shallow area they can lay and relax in it's all over.

ac