Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl Pool Sunshelf Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl Pool Sunshelf Question

I have a friend who is going to put in a vinyl IGP. He has a couple of big dogs, and is paranoid about the dogs nails ripping the liner. I have told him that while a potential risk, it is not huge, builders have told him, he just hasnt bought in 100% yet. (I can understand, pools are not cheap neither are liners).

Anyway, I think his compromise is going to be a vinyl pool, and using fiberglass stairs rather than vinyl over steel.

SO to my question. My pool has a sunshelf, and he would like one after being in my pool, but going back to the dog, he is a bit nervous. Can anyone point me to a fiberglass sunshelf that I can share with him? Or an alternative idea that I might not be aware of.
    IG W/Vinyl Liner Oval 18x40, 21K gal, Oval 3'-8'
    Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vinyl Pool Sunshelf Question

Why not put in both a sun shelf and across the pool some fiberglass steps? Train the dogs to only enter/exit at the stairs.
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Vinyl Pool Sunshelf Question

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Why not put in both a sun shelf and across the pool some fiberglass steps? Train the dogs to only enter/exit at the stairs.
    The second the dogs find out there is a nice, shallow area they can lay and relax in it's all over.

ac