Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Offset umbrella in pool sleeve?

1. Back To Top    #1

Offset umbrella in pool sleeve?

Our new pool is just about complete and I need some info on umbrellas. We have umbrella sleeves in our decking. I'm in the market for an offset umbrella to use in the sleeves. Does anyone know if this is possible or do I need to stick with the regular (straight) umbrellas? I'm think the offset umbrellas may be too heavy?? What's your thoughts and if you have an offset that you put into a sleeve, can you steer me in the right direction.... Thanks.
    11k gal., IG, Pebble, Hayward 425 Cartridge, Hayward Eco-star Variable speed pump, 3-5-4, Startup 9/1/15, In-floor cleaning system, City Water, Aerator, Full sun, and of course ambition!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Offset umbrella in pool sleeve?

I don't think I would use a off set one. The are designed to have a very heavy base to withstand the torque that is generated by the weight not being above the post. I had one and the base had over a hundred pounds of sand in it. The pole was also a bigger diameter than my sleeves are , so I'm not sure it would even fit.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

You're right, after thinking about it some more I think I'll go with a regular umbrella with a rotating head.
    11k gal., IG, Pebble, Hayward 425 Cartridge, Hayward Eco-star Variable speed pump, 3-5-4, Startup 9/1/15, In-floor cleaning system, City Water, Aerator, Full sun, and of course ambition!

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a Sun Garden parasol that is quite good and they sell a stand that you can secure to your deck:

So it is doable but you can't use your sleeves.
    Vinyl 18'x36' in-ground 100,000 L, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, Jandy Lite2 heater, StaRite System3 filter, Evac tube solar heating panels