Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New SWG not producing chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Paso Robles

New SWG not producing chlorine

Have aquapure 1400. Just replaced cell along with new control box. Last cell had 08 serial number and was not producing sending error codes. I replaced the control box too as new cell is self cleaning. Has yet to produce chlorine which we have been adding manually. There are no error codes and flow is on and reversing. My ph is on high side. Salt level goes up and down when unit starts and runs. When starting up reads 3.9 lowering to 3.8 after running awhile. Have had a lot of evaporation lately and have been adding water every week since new system start up.
    I have a fiberglass drop in pool with Jandy equipment and an Aquapure 1400 salt system. Just replaced control board and cell to the aquapure Pool is approximately 16x36, 6 foot deep at deepest level. Approx 36,000 gallon.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: New SWG not producing chlorine

Welcome to TFP!

Have you tested the water to verify the SWg is not producing vs all the chlorine may be getting consumed by something growing in the water? An OCLT will make that distinction.

Plus, could you please update your profile to include a state as many probably don't know where Paso Ronles is.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Waxahachie, Tx.

Re: New SWG not producing chlorine

We like test results...numbers to better assist. High and low is subjective to interpretation.
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).