Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
Hey folks!

Please note the 2 photos below. I assume this a flow sensor. As you can see from the second pic, water spews from it when the pump is on.

I opened it. It still has a small rubber o-ring and I tightened the clamp. But it still leaks. I think this is a part of a leak issue I've been dealing with all summer.

Is there an epoxy or sealant I should use on it? Do I need to replace it?

Thanks!

bfbdfea29b428a7e9bc0641b4c471bd0.jpg

cf487c4752c5d7ff4832618336fb13cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like a flow sensor, but Ive never seen one where the pvc piple was drilled and it epoxied in.
Im sure there are lots of things around pools that Ive never seen though.

Usually, there is conduit fitting with a "T" on it which the flow fits into.

As Robbie mentioned, that's a temp sensor. You can shut the system down and remove it from the plumbing and either find an o-ring that fits or dry it well and use a bead of silicone caulking to seal it back in the line. If you go the caulking route, you'll need to wait until the next day to turn the system back on.

Hi Newsguy. You have a Jandy temp sensor. A pool store should stock that oring. I've never had any sealants work. If the nee oring doesn't solve the leak, sometimes the pipe is melted so that the sensor hole is out of round. At that point, the only fix is to cut out that section of pipe, replace it, and drill a new hole for the sensor.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.