Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Soon to be pool owner intro.

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Soon to be pool owner intro.

Hi Everyone,

Just got registered to this site today after poking my head in the forum for the past couple of days. We (wife and 3 kids) just moved and our new home in Eastvale has a HUGE backyard, almost half acre! I absolutely want a pool and spa since temps here in the summer are typically 95 degrees or greater and my kids love the water. I've had three pool builders come out for bids, all three tried to sell me on different equipment, options, etc. I ran into a neighbor of mine who has an amazing backyard. Pool, spa, BBQ island, patio cover, big screen tv, outdoor speakers, etc. After talking with him it turns out he sub contracted everyone and built the pool himself (owner builder) and I think that's the route I want to take. He has a list of all the subs he used and he said he would provide that list to me. First step is to design the pool and have plans drawn up.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a company that can do that for me? I found a few places online but thought I would ask here first.

Anyways, glad I found this forum as it's already provided me with some valuable information in the two days I have been lurking.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Soon to be pool owner intro.

Welcome to TFP! Lots of CA residents here, so you can expect a few replies I'm sure. Keep in touch.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Soon to be pool owner intro.

Anyone?

"Does anyone have any recommendations on a company that can do that for me?"

Looking for for help with the design of the pool and the plans that can be submitted to the city and HOA. I see several owner/ builders on here, who did you use for this service? Recommendations please.