tiny green 2 leaf plant growing in skimmer

Tere

Bronze Supporter
May 30, 2015
Colorado Springs
I have such a green thumb at times. In the skimmer is some very small green 2 leaf plants with roots hanging down. The leaf is like the head of a pencil or a bit bigger. It dosen't seem to be in the pool, only filter. I have limited electricity so we are only running the pump on low every other day for 6 hours. I am keeping up with testing and chlorine, cya.
So is this plant an algae? I always thought algae was fuzzy. I just vacuumed the pool and was doing it 1 x a week, scrub walls. I do know the dog has a side paddling pool that had algae in it. I dumped it but I think the dog may have transfered the algae? We didn't know the lab has been sneaking in the pool and can vault the side not problem.

While I'm sure that's not algae, it's organic and probably shouldn't be able to grow in a chlorinated pool.

A picture sure would help, as well as a set of current test results for FC, CC, CYA & pH.

Dom

Bingo it's duckweed. lol any water the birds find here in high mountain desert is fair game. The lab pup also could bring it in from the creek at the park.
Dom I did the test this morning. I didn't add bleach last night as I was sick.

CH- 450 that won't change
TA 140
pH 7.5
FC-3 I added bleach
CC-0
CYA 45

Other than raising that FC up to the 6-ish area based on a CYA of 50 (non-SWG), you appear to be doing well now that the "greenhouse" effect in your pool is resolved. :) Maybe watch the TA in the future just to make sure it doesn't keep rising and dragging the pH up with it. All-n-all, you seem to be doing well. I'm sure your Lab is very happy. Woof!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.