Black substance (mold?) in CYA reagent bottle?

Jul 13, 2015
Gilroy/CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I was doing my weekly CYA testing in my pool, when I spotted what looked like black mold growing in both reagent bottles. I did the test as usual and came up with a reasonable/expected number. I disposed of the reagent and I'm going to clean the bottles well. Has anyone else seen this before? I searched the forum and found nothing. Thanks for viewing.

do you mean the reagent bottle and the mixing bottle? I could see the mixing bottle mabe but have never seen anything in my reagent bottle.. I have had mine for almost 2 years...

You say both bottles....which ones? How long have you had it? I don't recall that ever happening before but perhaps we can figure out the circumstances.

It was both bottles. The reagent is at least 5 years old, but I've been using it every week. I compared it with the new reagent I received with my new K2006 and it was spot on. The only thing I can think of is I accidentally left my test kit outside, in a covered patio, a few days ago. The temps were probably in the mid 90's. It was only out there for 10 hrs. I usually keep it in the house. Is it possible that could be it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.