Debris coming through filter

Hi Everyone,

First season as a pool owner, the house we bought had 23,000 gallon, with a Tagelus TA-40 filter. I have noticed that when I vacuum up dead leaves, I can see bits of the leaves coming back through the return jets. Recently, I've been fighting some algae and noticed the same thing. If I vacuum up a large area of algae, I can see bits of it shooting back through the return jets. I had a pool store come out and replace the and and install disconnects on the PVC so I can do it myself next time, but it still does it. I tried adding a cup of DE to my skimmer, but after about a minute, I see it shoot out as a white cloud from the return jets. I've been fighting algae for a while now, but following the SLAM procedure on this site, to no avail. I get the feeling that my filter isn't doing anything. What else should I be looking at?

Have you taken your filter apart to see what is going on inside there? I don't know anything about your filter but it might be clogged or something damaged inside and the filter media is getting bypassed somehow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.