Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best pool cleaner on the market?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best pool cleaner on the market?

Hi all

Looking for some advice from all you smart TFP members.

We have a creepy krawley, as well as the pool hose and vacuum system. However, both are a pain to operate, frankly. We don't really want to shell out 750$ or more for the robot cleaners, and have started looking at manual cleaners such as the Pool Blaster Max as something in between the hose and vacuum and the robot.

Anyone with any thoughts they care to share as to your preferred options for pool vacuuming tools and techniques?

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Best pool cleaner on the market?

I use and really like my "ThePoolCleaner": 2 Wheel automatic swimming pool cleaner -- The PoolCleaner

Hayward has bought them and now sells it's own version of the cleaner: AquaNaut® 200, 400 | Cleaners | In Ground Pool Cleaners - Hayward Pool Products
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Long Beach, CA

I don't think a manual type of vacuum is the way to go if you want something less painful to operate than a suction side cleaner. Manual work to me is a lot more hassle than hooking up a suction side cleaner and letting it run for a few hours.

"ThePoolCleaner" would be my first suggestion for you along with mas985.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

So. Cal.

Just curious what you don't like about the kreepy krawley....we have one as well that came with the pool when we bought the house. First pool so not a whole lot to base it off of... I was hoping that it would clean better for the amount of time it's in use. So just curious what your issues with it are...
    13000 Gal rectangle gunite w/Aqua-Glass IG lap pool built in 1987 resurfaced (Aqua-Glass) in 2010, Hayward Max-Flo VS pump (model SP2302VSP)
    Rheem Gas Heater 266,000 BTUH (P-M267A-EN-C), Hayward Pro Grid D.E. Filter model DE3620, ThePoolCleaner, CoverPro safety pool cover, TF-100 test kit w/SpeedStir