Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: slam

1. Back To Top    #1

slam

been slamming since Thursday water is not green anymore,,how long till it gets clear, still running pump 24 hrs a day
    16x48 ultra frame,, 2800 sand filter, swg, taylor k2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: slam

Can take a few days or more with a sand filter. There is an write up in Pool School about adding DE to the filter that might be useful

What are you current numbers?
    Can you post some pics of your stairs?
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

I have tried to add de but it keeps stopping up filter really quick only added 1/4 cup, fc11,,ph 8,,alk 120,,cya 38

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!

Are those numbers from your K2006? If so how,did you get 38 for CYA? The tube markings are not linear, so you can't extrapolate a number from between two lines. If it's between 30 & 40, then it's 40.

So with a 40 CYA you are not ebpven at shock level with your chlorine. Shock is 16 at CYA 40.

Have you fully read and are you following Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain ?

Skip,messing with DE until you pass OCLT, have "0" CC and are just trying to clear the water.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks, yes I got a 30 and a 40 on cya kinda hard to tell,have had shock level at 16 that was when I tested last night had fell to 11,have read it and going by it to the tee ,pool looks better than has in along time

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Don't forget. The M in SLAM is for MAINTAIN. You need to be testing and adding often to maintain that FC level. In the beginning like every hour if you can. Once it starts to hold then you can stretch it out to every few hours.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

its holding level pretty good , and I have to work so I check it in the am and adjust when I get home from work

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    its holding level pretty good , and I have to work so I check it in the am and adjust when I get home from work
    if you check it you should be adding right then. As Bob said, the key is maintain. We understand folks need to work, but adjusting once a day isn't maintaining. At the very least you should test/adjust in the AM before work, again when you get home and a last time before bed. Any extra times are gravy!

The SLAM article says twice a day is minimum, but that tends to drag out the SLAM.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

9. Back To Top    #9

thanks for all you help